Thursday, September 6, 2012

Patience

I am making a video about Oaklynn to tell her story and I decided to pull out the video camera and take video of her to show everyone how she is/the way she acts. Here is a piece of the video I took...


Not only did she say hi, but if you notice her right hand... SHE WAVES!! If you didn't notice it, you MUST watch it again.


Goes to show that she can do things but you have to be patient in waiting for a response from her. It takes her 20 seconds just to do something so easy (for a typical child) like waving and saying hi. Maybe we all need to be a little more patient in life to recognize our full potential! Amazing things can happen if we give it time.

I didn't notice the wave when I shot the video because I was watching her face. When I watched the video and saw her trying to wave too, I busted out in tears. Makes me realize I probably miss a lot that she is trying to do because I'm not fully paying attention. LOVE how hard she tries... so proud of her!

4 comments:

Stephanie Moore said...

So awesome, i love seeing things like this. SO glad you caught it on video!!!

Jenn said...

Oh, what a wonderfully sweet girl! It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks so much Whitney for sharing.

charity said...

awe so sweet. glad you caught it on camera

Home...where beauty comes to life said...

I've watched this video several times. I love to hear her little voice and her determination is amazing!!